But the good news is...

If you want the honest answer this was a really rough week. It was another week without bikes, Elder Stevenson was throwing up over the weekend, I lost my scriptures on a bus, Elder Stevenson lost a backpack full of stuff on a train, none of our lookups were home, joint teaches fell through, investigators did not come to church, and only 1 DA and 1 lesson taught. But it is like what you said about vacation. I really am enjoying working here. Every day is good. But when we tallied everything up at the end of the week, things were really bad.
Elder Stevenson and me and no we are not related

Don't send anymore selfies. . 

The good news, is the nuts that I ordered came in so now we will have bikes again. And somebody turned in my scriptures, so I should get them back in a week or two. We are not sure about Elder Stevenson's backpack. And everybody is finally back from vacation so we got a few DAs. 

This week, we were in Grongingen for stake conference, in Apeldoorn on Wednesday working with the Zone Leaders, and in Zwolle on Thursday on exchanges with the elders there. So we did a lot of traveling. Apeldoorn is a large enough city that I almost felt like I was in downtown Scottsdale a couple times. It was the first time that I have actually been in a real city in a while. Even Breda and Zwolle are not big enough to have that kind of industrial sort of feeling. 

Is Orion still living at the Gardeners? Working as a butcher? I have not heard form him or Braxton in a long time. Why has he lost weight? What is he working towards? Still going to church? Tell him that I will be ready to cream him in ping pong when he gets back. There is a ping pong table at the Zwolle church and a couple other elders are pretty good. But I am getting a lot better with topspin. We play before district meeting every week. 

Being district leader doesn't really change much. I don't feel any smarter are more powerful. But it is hard because I feel that I have to really be performing well so that I am actually in a position to be able to lead others. I know that it has nothing to do with getting more power, but it is a call to step up to a higher level of performance. It is really hard to do that here because things are not booming, but we have a ton of potentials right now and one of these days some of them and going to shape up and actually let us in. 



But the good news is that things are are always shaping up, because flauw investigators and potentials drop off and we don't have to worry about them anymore, and we actually ahve a lady now that is sticking and she is actually retaining a great amount of what she is reading about in the Book of Mormon. This next week should be good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First full week/Carnival

Tall Baller Dutchies

The Province of Drenthe