Got the Visa..on the last day!

Me and my companion did not tell anybody at first, but now the other elders know, so we are just going to let the sisters find out when I get on the plane.

Best haircut I have ever had
This week we had a world wide missionary conference that was broadcasted from Salt Lake. Elder Anderson, Elder Bednar, Elder Oaks and some others spoke it was very good and informative. Elder Bednar made a very good explanation that if we can ask good questions that will drive the investigators to learn about the nature of God and the Gospel by themselves, and if we can make them realize that they are feeling the Holy Ghost of themselves, then we will be much more effective teachers. We channel the Hold Ghost to them and by our leading, they are able to learn from it. It was an interesting concept. 

It is cold here, nothing has changed. All of our friends that we have been with since we got here hare now gone, so we are all eager to get out. We had Infield Orientation today, and Elder Davis was with our group. He has a picture of us. It was very boring, but what seemed stressed the most was working with the members to get them to help out with referrals and fellow shipping converts and non members. No missionary work will get done if the ward is not hospitable to the missionaries. It reminded me of elder Holladay and how he has really worked with the ward to work with him and investigators. 

I think that if I get my visa, I will end up finishing my transfer in California, but I am not sure. Do you know if that would be the case or if they would send me as soon as I got my visa? Long Beach should be fun, but I have not taught a single lesson in English here, so it may be a little hard at first. Also, I am going to have to practice Dutch at every opportunity that I get outside of the work. The Long Beach mission is next door to the Anaheim mission where Billy Bones went, right? 

But Later this week.... Got it! 

In the nick of time, On Saturday before the departure date (Monday)
 


Bros
The ever-lovely Audra, Cali-Cousin 
The dashing Briant Cali-Cousin
Besties since 2009


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First full week/Carnival

Tall Baller Dutchies

The Province of Drenthe