Tall Baller Dutchies


So this week we found out that our district is getting a bit famous around here. We have heard from a couple different sources that we are referred to by everybody as the Tall Baller Dutchies or something of the sort. We have been trying to talk to new people a lot but this is a little surprising because there are so many missionaries circulating, but I guess it is starting to become a thing. 

I have been learning how to play basketball from my companions a lot now, so i am actually not that bad anymore. I try to go and lift for a little towards the end of each gym time so i do not get super weak. One hour is not enough time. I gained a few pounds in the first couple of weeks but I started eating just a bowl of oatmeal or plain shredded wheat in the morning, and then alternating between an actual meal and just a salad for lunch and dinner so now I am back to my original weight.

We were the ushers at the devotional last night and a few sisters asked my companion and I how we got to be the ushers. They just assign a zone to give the prayers and do the ushering, and this week just happened to be us. Anyway, they said that their zone had told them about us because there are only four of us but we are taller than most people, and apparently we all have our own style. 

The Danish Elders left this morning, which is a bummer because they were two really good guys. Luckily we will all enter the same term at BYU so hopefully I will be able to meet back up with them. Also Elder Osteler, who is going to Argentina Rosario left this morning, but he said he is either going to BYU or UVU when he gets back, so hopefully I will see him as well. 

At our devotional last night the guy spoke about constant and daily repentance, and it was interesting. He aid that his goal is to make it into the hall of fame of repenters. It struck me that we do not become perfect through making good choices, but by repenting for our bad ones. We finally got to do a session this morning, and it was enlightening as always. There are always answers to be found there. Also we will be able to to to the Temple in the Netherlands every conference, so twice a year. I am looking forward to it.
Provo temple
My companion and I got to go to temple square and tour it because he is a foreigner. It was nice to get out of the MTC. We have been in the same 3 rooms for almost a month now.

 We can actually see the sky today, it is really nice. The only time we get to get out of here is when we go walk to the Temple and back on Sundays. It is the best part of the week.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First full week/Carnival

Goodbye to Zaandam and a really cool castle